Screen Mirror over USB
Connect your iPhone or iPad over USB to the Mac. Mirror your iPhone/iPad screen on the Mac. Watch youtube, share game view (with Audio) on the Mac, and with 1.00+ use your Mac Keyboard and Mouse to control your iPhone or iPad.
Keyboard and Mouse control does not work with MacOS Ventura.
Works with Multiple devices, plug in as many iPads and iPhones as you have.
Why Mirror your iPhone/iPad Screen
Do you, or a loved one want to see your device screen larger than it actually is. Use your Mac Keyboard and Mouse.
Ever been on a video call, and wanted to steal a glance at your phone. Look focussed and look at your phone.
Watch youtube, or game videos on your Mac. What plays on your phone, stays on your phone.
Share your phone screen in a Teams, Zoom Video call. Record professional App Previews.
This app can only grow if you think it is worth telling your friends and family about. Let me know if there are more features you would like to see. firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Screen Mirror on the Mac App Store
Setup Screen Mirror
Setup Screen Mirror
This is a new application, let me know how you think it could be made better. I just added Keyboard and Mouse support.
- Launch the app, notice that there is a Mouse icon in your top toolbar
- Plug the iPhone or iPad into a USB cable that is connected to the Mac
- You will get a popup on the iDevice asking you to Trust the Mac
- Once you Trust the Mac, unplug and replug the iDevice
- If you have previously trusted the Mac you will not get a popup
- The first time you plug the iDevice a Popup will ask for Camera permission
- Please grant the camera permission or the App will not work
If you have completed these steps successfully you will see the iDevice on the Mac. You can resize/move the window to where you would like to place it. The app will remember the location that you placed it on the screen, and the next time you plug the iDevice it will popup at the same location.
Control your device
With 1.00 you can control your device,
- Connect your phone to the Mac using the Bluetooth System Preferences.
- Unplug your phone and plug it back in
- And you can now use the Keyboard to control your phone.
- You might want to go to Settings | Accessibility | Keyboards
- and turn on Full Keyboard Access
- You can now use the arrow keys to navigate the phone screen
- Tap Control + Option and you can use the mouse
You can connect as many device as you like to the Mac. See the video for more details.
A review of Screen Mirror by Alec of Take One Tech
Why does my phone time change to 9:41?
A lot of users have complained that when they use Screen Mirror, the time on the phone changes to 9:41. Unfortunately, this is not something that I can do anything about. There is some apple magic in the time of 9:41. An article that describes this is on the engadget site. https://www.engadget.com/2014-04-14-why-9-41-am-is-the-always-the-time-displayed-on-iphones-and-ipad.html A more technical […]
Keyboard not working with Ventura
One of the biggest disappoints for me has been that Ventura has broken the ability for my Apps to use the keyboard to control other devices. I still have some hope that Apple will fix this. The Problem If you connect to the iPhone or iPad from the Mac. The connection setup is complete, but […]
I am slightly paranoid about privacy and app permissions. All of my apps do not have access to any network connections. They use features like Keyboard, Bluetooth and Camera, but since they do not have access to WiFi or wired network they cannot send any data out. Here are screenshots for build settings for my […]