I reply to all email and support requests. If you are facing an issues please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org Help me make Screen Mirror better.
The Main features of Screen mirror are:
- If you are on Video calls a lot, you can look at your phone without looking like you are looking at your phone (because you are looking at your Mac screen)
- If you want to see a larger version of your phone screen (my father uses it for this)
- If you use a work computer, and cannot/do not want to log into your personal accounts, or use youtube, run it on your phone, and plug in and see it full screen on your Mac
- Record your phone/share your phone screen with others on a video call.
- More features are coming…
Please let me know about features that you would like to see. Send me email at email@example.com.
I launch the app and only see an About Screen; now what do I do
Plug in the iPhone or iPad to the Mac over USB. There are two additional steps required to be able to use the Screen Mirror app.
- Trust the Mac from the iPhone/iPad. The first time you connect to the Mac you will get a popup asking you to trust it. After you have trusted the Mac, you may need to unplug and replug the iPhone/iPad
- The first time that you plug in an iPhone or iPad, you will get a prompt asking you to give Camera permission on the Mac. Please give the permission and the device screen will show on the Mac.
If you do not give the camera permission the first time you will need to go to:
System Preferences | Security and Privacy | Camera
And ensure that Screen Mirror has a Check next to its Icon.
I plug in the iPhone/iPad into USB, and only see a blank screen
There are some users who have reported this. I have seen it occur more often when the phone is an iPhone 11 or higher. There are two solutions.
- Unplug and Plug in the iPhone/iPad over USB. Sometimes this will resolve the problem.
- Reboot the iPhone, this usually solves the issue
It is not often that this happens, This is a solution if you run into the issue. This is not an issue with the Screen Mirror app but with the iPhone software. Other applications report this issue too.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does “Hide/Show app Icon in Dock” mean?
By default Screen Mirror will show the App Icon in Dock. This means when you use the keystroke Command + Tab you will see the screen mirror icon as an Application in the Dock.
If you hide the App Icon in the Dock, it will not show there, and you will need to click on the Screen Mirror Icon in the Top Toolbar to select the device you want to control.
How many iPhones or iPads can I connect?
In theory, there is no limit to the number of devices you can connect. I typically connect both my iPad and iPhone to the Mac and can comfortably use both.
If you do try it out, let me know how many did you get to before the performance began to degrade.
Can I use the Mouse/Trackpad or Keyboard to type on the iPhone/iPad?
Not yet. For now you can use my other app KeyPad to type/control the iPhone/iPad.
Why does the time on my iPhone/iPad become 9:41 when I plug it in over USB?
Unfortunately that is iOS and not my app. Anytime you use a screen recording over a cable iPhone and iPad show time as 9:41 and a full battery and full carrier signal. Nothing that I can do to remove that.
What new feature do I get with the paid version?
Screen Mirror is free for 7 days. You can connect as many devices as you like. After 7 days you will get a popup asking you to purchase. The app still works without purchase. From version 1.0 this feature will change and after 7 days you will not be able to use Screen Mirror. We will be raising the price for Screen Mirror after 1.0 launch. Please purchase (and ask your friends to purchase) at this low price.